Cheddar Car Boot Sale and Market started in 1996 and is now known as one of the South West’s most established and well-loved sites. Situated just one mile from the world-famous Cheddar Gorge, our car boot sale and market takes place alongside our working farm in a stunning lakeside setting, under the rolling Mendip Hills. We are open every Sunday, rain or shine, with excellent indoor and outdoor facilities. We continue to provide a family friendly sale with facilities to not only buy and sell, but to socialise and enjoy as a family too.
Car boot sales are a great way to reduce waste and re-use items which might usually get thrown away. Just because something has no use to you, it may be useful to the next person…
"One person’s rubbish is another's treasure".
We pride ourselves on our excellent facilities which set us apart from other car boot sales and markets. We have invested heavily in the site over the years and are constantly looking to improve how we do things.
☑ Indoor and Outdoor pitches
☑ Several Car Parks
☑ Large Café with a wide range of food and drink
☑ Permanent toilets
☑ Wheelchair and mobility scooter friendly
☑ Dog Friendly ☑ Take Away Drinks & Cakes from ‘The Hut’ with Barista Coffee
☑ Ice Cream Van
☑ Cash Point
☑ Regular food stalls including a butchers, greengrocer, bakery and cheesemonger
We are lucky to be surrounded by plenty of wonderful local attractions.
Why not make a day of it when visiting us? Cheddar Gorge and Caves are just a couple of minutes away, with stunning scenery, quirky shops and lots to keep the family entertained.
THE FOLLOWING TRADING CONDITIONS MUST BE COMPLIED WITH
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD OR BROUGHT ONTO THE SITE
• Counterfeit goods including DVDs, designer clothes, bags, t/shirts etc.
• Stolen goods
• Live animals
• Real, replica or toy guns, or dangerous weapons
• Fireworks or anything that can cause fire
• Cigarettes, tobacco or alcohol
• ‘Fun Snaps’
ALSO PLEASE NOTE
• Food and drink not allowed to be sold by Car Booters as there are Concessions for these.
• No rubbish or unsold goods to be left on the field. Take home all unsold goods and rubbish. Any large items left behind will be classed as fly tipping and will be reported to the local authority.
• Dogs are welcome if they are friendly and sociable. Any mess must be cleared up by the owner immediately and taken with you. No dogs to be left in cars.
• We are open 6am-2pm on Sundays only. At no time when the event is closed are dogs or their owners allowed onto the site for either walking or exercising as this is private property. This also applies to walkers and riders.
Please note phone bookings close 12pm (noon) Saturdays Buyers and Sellers access from 6am Sundays Undercover sellers must be set up by 8am
TOP TIPS FOR SELLERS
1. We hire out tables but you might like to bring your own clothes rail, ground sheet or boxes to present items in. You can arrange your items on a tablecloth, it always looks more appealing than straight onto a table but it is not necessary.
2. Bring lots of small change so you are prepared for a sale and be prepared for bartering. If you have any, carrier bags and newspaper are also handy to wrap items in.
3. Have some idea of what price you are charging, you can price up articles if you like, but it’s not necessary.
4. Check the weather forecast before you set off to ensure you have the right clothing etc. We have a huge indoor arena for pitches that often has availability on the day. We find our sellers actually sell more when the weather isn’t blazing hot and sunny.
5. If you require assistance at any point, please speak to our Marshalls in an orange jacket who will be happy to help you.
6. Make sure if you sell electric items that they work, are safe and have plugs on.
7. It’s a good idea to do your selling with a companion, then you have the freedom to take turns to visit the loo or get food/drinks or generally have a look around and pick up that bargain.
8. Always be aware of unscrupulous people, as Car Boot Sales are no different to anywhere else in society. Keep your money on you and keep a look out on your table. Also keep your unused car doors locked.
9. When selling childrens clothes box items into sizes so shoppers can go straight to what they are looking for.
10. Good idea to bring a plastic sheet in case it rains to just throw over your table, then you can start selling again as soon as it stops.
If you require assistance when setting up your stall please speak to a marshall in an orange jacket who will be happy to help.
Please be aware of the social distancing around your stall.